All the so-called "secrets of success" will not work unless you do. Author Unknown



Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oviedo 5k Race

This was my first Race in my hometown.  I was kinda nervous because the training during the week has really picked up speed.  Instead of running / walking by minutes.... the last few weeks we started running 1 mile straight...then increasing it by 1/4 mile increments.  Last Thursday was the longest straight run I have done.....2 miles.  So, I think this is a great accomplishment--- especially since I have not done anything  athleticallly since high school.

Now today I had a new PR... it was 41:28 so, I'm slowly getting better.  This was my 5th 5k.  I also signed up on http://www.athlinks.com/ which will show ALL my races and track the times for me in one location.

Katy was 2nd overall and 1st in her age class today....she got a 1st place medal and I was so excited to see her win!  She's an awesome mentor and I cannot thank her enough for all she has done for me!   Here's a quote she shared with me and I love it so am posting here to remember it often!!

I am not a good runner because I am me; I am a good me because I am a runner!


1st Place Finish Medal!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment