All the so-called "secrets of success" will not work unless you do. Author Unknown



Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's SO Difficult to run in the Florida heat

I'm so glad I started my running adventures back in January when the weather was perfect.  If I had started now, in July I'm not so sure I'd still be here.  Eveything changes when you run in the heat.  EVERYTHING!  I feel like I've hit a brick wall (a fire wall) because the air just does NOT move and the temperature is in the triple digits, and the humidity is off the charts.  If it sounds like I'm whining... I AM!  OMG.... this is a challenge for even avid runners (so I'm told).  BUT,  I'm staying with it!!  Wait... did I just say that?  Seriously...the benefits that running gives me far outweigh this one little bothersome point. 

It's so easy to make excuses and say "it's too hot"  and it takes real dedication to stick with it.  I've decided to stick with it and pretty much sweat it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment