All the so-called "secrets of success" will not work unless you do. Author Unknown



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April Updates

Here I am now past the first quarter of the year and still moving along with my training.  Katy has been such a great trainer!  She has given so much dedication and commitment to helping me be my best.  I told her that I'm keeping this blog as my journal so to have a constant look back and resource of what I've done and the things I've learned along the way.

With that said... here's my April update and it's all about what I've learned this month.

  • sweatybands.com   (these are very stylish) and you can get them for all kinds of sports and with all kinds of designs and colors.  they stay in place and keep your hair back.
  • gum-- i found Quench gum at Dick's Sporting Goods --and it's awesome.  Every time we go out to run at lunch time I was getting cotton mouth...this gum really keeps me from thinking about being thirsty. 
  • Dick's Sporting Goods did not have a lot of running gear...I did buy some Nike shorts but they don't carry the long sports tops...so, probably won't go back there for clothing.  Am thinking of checking out the Nike outlet though to see what kind of deals I can find there.
  • Energy bars and stingers-- Marathon energy bars are made by Snickers and they are delish!   The waffle stinger's are good too.  I haven't tried many of the energy or protein bars yet and have not really used any of the jells or beans yet... probably because I'm still just doing 5k runs.
  • I really like G2  a lot!  Grape is my favorite.
  • We entered a "kick it back" thru Skirt Sports where Katy as the trainer and I  are entering this challenge of sorts to set up a training program.  It was introduced thru Runner's World and it's all about being able to help someone else become a runner and helping them through the process.  It's what we've been doing all along anyway... but it does make it fun to have something else to follow along with.  And... we learned yesterday that one of the perks for me would be a Skirt Sport skirt and visor!  Nice....  :) 
As far as my running times ... I'm getting longer runs!  We still go out at lunch time every Tuesday and Thursday but now because it's so hot we are going at 11:00 (it's only 88 at that time)  ha... but, as of yesterday (4-19-11) I'm running further and with more repeats --we run out of time if we go longer.  Our mileage during the week is getting better too...we are not at 4.5 miles so, things are really progressing.  I do my longer runs on Saturday when I can go 5 miles or longer and do longer repeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment