All the so-called "secrets of success" will not work unless you do. Author Unknown



Saturday, January 22, 2011

My First Race 5k Park Avenue Winter Park

My first race.  It was cold this morning and I was ready to just do my best and keep going.  Funny how the 3 miles at lunch seemed to be so much easier to do.  The roads today were all cobblestone and uneven, there were so many people flying by me and I just kept my stride and pushed along.  The actual race was 5.2 K making it over 3 miles and I don't think I'll ever forget the excitment I felt as I crossed the finish line.  The stats are on line and it looks like I did okay for my first run.   I love this picture because it shows the time, the race sponsor and the relief I'm feeling as I pass over the line.  What an awesome day! 

2 comments:

  1. My pace time today was 13:53 ....this was better than what I've been doing at lunch times.....I have been averaging around 14/15 min per hour so am pleased with these results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the very BEST coach in the world! Kudo's to Katy! Let me tell you what her stats were for this race....and how proud I am that she takes the time to help me. She finished 11 in her age group and there were 203 people in her age group and her pace time was 7:40 per mile. Her total race time was 24:47! Nice, huh! So... this tells me that she is a really special person to s-l-0-w down and help me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete